There are times…
- When I doubt whether my writings good enough to publish.
- When I wonder if the child on the waiting list for adoption will ever find their family.
- When I ponder being single for the rest of my life.
- When I question why the job market is so difficult.
- When I feel out of place amongst friends.
And I sit back and wonder if things will ever be the way I perceive they should be. Strangely enough, I don’t think I’m the only one that has such questions.
I love horseback riding, and several years back I had a mare that would throw off riders. She could buck and rear like no horse I’d ever seen. I began to get in the habit of praying before every ride. One day I was standing next to the saddle, saying a quick prayer. Without much thought, I said, “God thank you for being sovereign.” Mid-prayer I stopped. What had I just said? The term “sovereign” was not one I used often. Was God really sovereign?–Yes, of course He is! And because He is, we can trust Him.
Check on the verses and chapters below, and maybe today, thank Him for being sovereign. The chapters are linked to a website where you can read them, so you can click on the chapters to get to that link.
“For I know the plans that I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.”
“Is anything too difficult for the Lord?”
“I waited patiently for the Lord; And He inclined to me and heard my cry.”